Removing radio from defender

Can anybody advise on how to get the standard radio out of a defender TD5. Does it need a special screwdriver or what? Tx Cam

Reply to
cam o'beirne

only use small BTR screwdriver.

Bye

Le Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:37:52 +0800, cam o'beirne écrivait:

Reply to
f1rcq

Nah, just a scouser!

(Sorry to all scousers, just kidding.) Couldn't resist it. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

In message , cam o'beirne writes

What year? If it's the same as my 98 50th V8 you need the U shaped prongs to push in the slots to release the clips. Any self respecting car thief has a set, and car phone installer.

Reply to
hugh

Sounds about right, have you actually tried buying them though. My dad was told at a car audio shop that they have them but wouldn't sell them to him as he might be a thief (he's approaching retirement age and was wearing a suit at the time). The main dealer however was more than happy to sell them, and for once they were only marginally more expensive than ordering online.

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

No I didn't buy em - the guy who installed my car phone conveniently left them behind - and a few days later when I went by they'd closed down.

Reply to
hugh