Replacement starter 110 csw 1998, cost ??

Anyone any idea what would a reasonable price for a replacement starter motor as the one in at present keeps jamming out and I have to rock the car in gear to shake it free and start the car. Have seen a price at £100 but not sure if fitting charge at reasonable independant garage ?? Tia John H Kent

Reply to
Hirsty's

Michael Williams
300 Tdi, I could do it but have just come out if ITU after lung clots so limited as to what I can do. Murphy's law dictates it goes now !!!

:-(((

Reply to
Hirsty's

In news:M5%Yc.967$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net, Michael Williams blithered:

Disconnect the battery first, otherwise you could fry every thing.

Reply to
GbH

I had the starter for my n/a 2.5 reconditioned. It cost me somewhere between £80 + £100 I think. I went via the local car parts shop. The bloke there obviously works with various other places and he sent it off to be done.

Reply to
Tom Woods