Replacing Facet fuel pump on 82 RR

Hi,whats a better replacement for a Facet fuel pump on my 82 RR and could it be mounted under the bonnet. Cheers, Kev

Reply to
kevin dickenson

A Facet industrial unit which is a solid looking cube of metal.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Stick to a Facet, they are cheap and if mounted somewhere that does not get shotblasted with all the crap you drive through and mounted on rubber so as to avoid vibration they actually work quite well!! If you want to mount it under the bonnet make sure you use an interrupter type rather than the solid state ones as these suck better - most electric pumps are designed to push from the tank not pull from the engine. If you really want to shift some fuel around use the 'red top' model - the std hoses will need changing to do it properly or I could supply some

1/4"npt down to 1/8"npt adaptors so that you can use the standard pipes. Then again if you are moving the pump you wo't want the stad pipes anyway.

Just done a 100" Hybrid with -6 hose feed and -3 return all the way to the tank in stainless braid and it looks superb as well as working great!

David LLAMA 4x4

David_LLAMA4x4