report - brake adjuster kit series III

As Richard ( Mr Beamends ) stated. The Bearmach adjuster kit was superior but I couldn't tell you why. The snail cam was slightly thicker. The cam fitted on the drive slightly tighter. I had to make up the fitting just like the BritPart one. There were no instructions for the LR. But it worked.

Shame I now have to change all the slave cylinders as the fluid is leaking past the bleed nipples when bleeding. Can't get a good seal.

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
Megalowmania

Bleeding brakes !!! A job I hate the most Richard

Reply to
Richard

Laeking bleeders is pretty unusual. Have you taken the bleed screws right out? If so, have they got a pointed end or an end with a dimple at the centre? If they're pointed clean them up with a bit of steel wool and try them again, if they have a dimple you've probably lost the ball bearing that sits behind them - just drop a new ball in and all will stop leaking.

Reply to
EMB

I have changed all the bleed nipples over as they were stuck fast. I must admit, I don't remember seeing any ball bearings.

I've found a place selling QH slaves for ll.30 each and I've already changed two. I had problems with seating the solid pipes in the slaves but have no problems with the ones I have changed.

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
Megalowmania

and are they the right thread - metric/imperial?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd