REQ: DAIHATSU 2.8 Turbo DIESEL ENGINE SPARES & MANUAL

Second Posting...

I have a 1983 DEFENDER 110 RHD - fitted with a 2.8 litre DAIHATSU TURBO DIESEL engine. It was imported to Canada from England in November 2001... I bought it in June 2002. The conversion was carried out, to the best of my knowledge, by MILNER in the UK. Originally, the vehicle was fitted with a petrol engine.

I'm looking for a reliable, reasonably priced source for spares. My first desire is to get an engine manual.. Hard copy or on CD-ROM.

Parts I'm looking to have on hand: WATER PUMP Replacement THERMOSTAT plus GASKET KIT STARTER MOTOR ALTERNATOR Set of INJECTORS Fuel Pump Engine Manual

The VIN NUMBER of my vehicle is: SALLDHMH7AA193437

The word MILNER appears on the aluminium housing of the water pump.

Any assistance you can provide will be much appreciated - either a source OR advice on where to enquire for reliable sources.

Thanking you all... in advance, Charles H. Tupper Vancouver, CANADA [To reply personally, REMOVE_KNICKERS from address]

OTHER INFORMATION I've collected on the Internet that pertains to my vehicle

Subject: DAIHATSU 2.8l Turbo in Land Rover 110

Conversion & Precision Unit 4, Moore Close Holmewood Chesterfield Derbyshire S42 5UX tel: 01246 855520 fax: 01246 855572 snipped-for-privacy@engineconversions.co.uk

Vehicle Engine to be fitted Make: Land Rover 2, 3, 90/110 Make: Daihatsu Engine: 4 & 6 cyl Model: DG, DL50, DL51, DL52 Gearbox: 4spd, 5spd Manual CC: 2.5, 2.8, 2.8td, 2.8tdi

Daihatsu engines are available in two capacities, 2.5 litre and 2.8 litre, with the 2.8 litre also being available in a more powerful turbo version. All these engines are four cylinder units and are indirect injection, which will therefore aid in reduced engine noise.

Engine CC BHP RPM MPG* Towing over 1½ Tonnes?

2.5 DG 2530 66 3700 28 Limited 2.8 DL 2765 72 3700 28 Suitable 2.8 Turbo 2767 101 3400 26 Suitable

  • 1981 onwards, high transfer gears

1:0.9962 fitted

Selection Details

  1. On purchasing an engine, check that it is complete with starter and alternator.

  1. If the engine is from a Portero Pampus it should be noted on ordering a conversion kit, as there are two types of starter motors, pre-engaged and gear reduction. Pre-engaged starters are usually fitted to the early 2.5DG engines.

  2. The Daihatsu alternator is required for the vehicles fitted with servo brakes. This is due to them having a vacuum pump driven from the rear of the alternator. A remote voltage regulator (part no. K874) will be required for this unit if the original is not available.

DAIHATSU 2.8l Turbo in Land Rover 110 -- Page 2

Suitable Engines

2.5 DG F50/F55 1979 - 1984 or Portero Pampus 2.8 DL F70/F75/F77 1984 - 1989 2.8 Turbo F70/F75/F77 1984 - onwards

Installation Notes

  1. On installation of turbo engines to Land Rover models, alterations to the passenger side footwell will be required.

  1. Cooling systems on the Land Rover are suitable for this conversion.

  2. The Daihatsu flywheel will require modification to accept the Land Rover 9½ clutch cover. We can offer the flywheel machining facility if requires, collection can be arranged.

Clutch Details: Clutch Cover - Land Rover Series 3 (9½) Clutch Plate - 4spd Land Rover Series

3 Clutch Plate - 5spd Land Rover 90 Turbo Diesel

  1. On 6cyl models the engine chassis mountings will require relocating to accommodate the Daihatsu engine.

  2. The Daihatsu power steering pump bracket cannot be used with this conversion. A PAS fitting kit is available using a Range Rover pump.

  1. The Thermostat rotation block (part no. KK893) rotates the housing 180º, which is necessary when installing 2.8 into Land Rover 90/110 models.

  2. A Land Rover temperature sender unit should be used. CHT ~~~

Should you wish to reply personally, first remove knickers from the e-mail address!

Reply to
skeldaleREMOVE_KNICKERS2

DIESEL engine. It was

2002. The conversion

Originally, the vehicle was

desire is to get an

Given your water pump sounds like it's an aftermarket adapted one it may be best to go here first and make some email enquiries....

HTH

Lee D

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

You'll find the Diahatsu manual online together with some other stuff at

Sorry for the file sizes but I was given it as .jpg scans.....

Bob

In message , Lee_D writes

Reply to
Bob Webster