RM Overdrives.

OK...

What does the assembled collective know about RockyMountain Overdrives (for Defenders etc?)

Any reliability issues, known problems to watch for etc etc...

Intended fitting, the 109/110 hybrid, 200TDi/LT77/LT230 and so on...

TIA

Dave B.

Reply to
Dave Baxter

Can't comment on the reliability issues etc.. However, based on my experience with the similar ratios of the Fairey unit on Series and LT95 RRC I hope that you're considering it for the right reasons.

If you want a quieter more civilised drive especially at motorway speeds, fine. The extra intermediate ratios can also be useful on occasion.

Don't buy if your hope is for reduced fuel consumption: it doesn't happen in my experience!

'Tis not cheap is it?

Reply to
Dougal

Quieter (a bit) at speed, and useful split ratios (towing etc). I had a Fairy OD on it when it was a SIII/109. That device is now on my friends SI.

Agreed about the fabled lower fuel consumption. Only if you pussyfoot about the place, not in practice...

No, they are not cheap, but the opertunity to get one on the back of a deal for other stuff on behalf of someone else arrises, so rude not to!

So, that'll be 20 forward gears, 4 reverse, and 7 ways to get Neutral!

:-)

Cheers.

Dave.

Reply to