rodders you dipstick!!

Checked the oil level this morning on the 200tdi, and the tube came out with the dipstick...

Ive pushed it back in again, but it gone in too far as the oil level is about half an inch over where it should be.

is there any science to this, or should i just push it in so that the oil level reads normal.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

If you are certain the level is correct, then yes! Otherwise, look on the tube for marks indicating where the oilve used to be, and if it's not too loose that will give you your "stop".

Or get some kind soul to go outside with a tape measure....

When you are happy, tighten the nut up tight and all will be well.

Make sure though, over filling 200Tdi's is an excellet way of getting to timing belt to "snap" (more accurately strip teeth).

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I had to replace my dipstick after it broke and i 'calibrated' it by doing an oil+filter change using the oil quantity specified in the manual, then remarked 'normal' on the dipstick (after first running it and then letting it stand for a while)

Reply to
Tom Woods

"Mark Solesbury" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Hi Mark, did you get my e-mail I sent a week or so ago as to my address and if so are you interested in the Rangy wings and top tail gate still ?

Rich

Reply to
Rich

"Mark Solesbury" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Most peculiar Mark, Kato has a bracket at the top which bolts to the plenum chamber so there is no guess work involved logic would dictate that as it works it would apply to all 200TDi lumps then again Land rover + logic = Spock gets headache.

Derek Kato 200TDi Disco

Reply to
Derek