Roof Rack

Thought this may be useful to someone here!

Ebay 130012137215

begin 666 rtCurve.gif M1TE&.#EA" `(`)$``/___^_O[\[.SO___R'Y! 44``,`+ `````(``@```(1

35( Y8PF[#H)QTG$N>SIH5@``.P`` ` end
Reply to
SimonJ

Ok, my original post seems to have had the file rtCurve.gif attached to it, I do not know what this is, or where the hell it came from. Anyone knowledgeable help me out here please, I don't want to be sending out viruses, not sure if you can get a virus in a .gif.

I have checked my sent items folder, and the attachment was there when I sent the OP, there is definitely no attachment on this one, at least as of when I click the send button, but whether it gets attached after that I don't know, HELP PLEASE!!!

Reply to
SimonJ

rtcurve.gif is present on ebay pages, I reckon it got attached when you cut 'n' pasted part of a page.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I think you're right there, I just tried copying another item number, and if you drag slightly too far to the right, it also highlights the little corner graphic at the side of the page, and I guess it also copies that.

Had a bit of a panic moment when I saw that my post had an attachment on it that I knew bugger all about!!

Reply to
SimonJ

Indeed. I'm not psychic BTW, I googled for the attachment name, and it occurs in URLs referencing image servers at Ebay, so in future just whack the name of something you're worried about into google and see if you can distill some sense from the results that come back.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Yeah, I tried that and it came back with something about phishing emails, which did nothing to abate my panic attack!

Reply to
SimonJ

Yeah but the phishing attack in question was trying to ape an ebay page, so was using the same image but from pics.static.com rather than pics.ebaystatic.com. Unfortunately you need to look at that kind of detail in order to tell the difference between proper and phishing attacks, which doesn't hold out much hope for the non-geeks that make up the majority of the population!

The clue though was you posting some content from ebay. Either it got caught up in your cut 'n' paste or you tried to drag the text, missed, and dragged the gif instead then went back for the text.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings