Rooftop tents

Has anyone here used a rooftop tent before? I'm thinking about getting something like that, but not just for "camping" out in the middle of nowhere. I am an avid kart fan and it will be used to provide some amount of shelter while at the racetrack (roadrace kart/car tracks) and possibly a place to sleep. It might also be a nice place to get good photos of the fellow racers doing there thing.

Reply to
Scot Kight

Not sure how desperate you are, but if you can hang in until Feb then why not come to the British Indoor 4x4 Show, Sun 15th Feb @ Donington Park race track. Several exhibitors will be selling rooftents and you will have the opportunity to see all the choices in one place on one day before making your mind up.....

Hope to see you there

David LLAMA 4x4

David_LLAMA4x4

I have a roof top tent that I use here in Australia.... Howling Moon is the make....have a look at

Choose..... "Chateau Tent" Link

Cheers

Rex........ if u need to reply change the news below to rex

-- snipped-for-privacy@rexmorrow.com

Reply to
Rex

If you can stretch to the cost, there's nothing so convenient as the Italian "Autohome" type - I've got the Maggiolina model. It's a rigid case for protection (and it looks like it's just a giant storage box so is possibly less likely to be nicked.) Goes up to complete, usable state in less than ONE minute and comes down almost as quickly. Fully weatherproofed with an optional second skin too.

I could go on... but they're fab. You get a ladder which you'll need to store somewhere (but it can go IN the tent) - mine fits in the roof-rack under the tent.

There are a few dealers importing them. I won't mention them so nobody thinks I'm an advert ;-)

Kieran Turner

Hi Scott, Here in Oz I have a Defender 110 and an Aussie Traveller rooftop tent. It is made of very strong canvas unlike some South African brands and has a large area on the floor. The door of which is about 2 metres wide and can be held open by poles. Idea for kart repairs etc.

cheers 3LB

Reply to
3LB