Rough shifting on '03 Disco

Ok, I admit I'm nearly clueless about auto mechanics... ;-) =20

On our Disco (V8, automatic, 18K miles), I've noticed a kind of shudder when upshifting under load, especially when pulling a trailer (4K lbs). = It also seems like the vehicle is reluctant to downshift. It's not bad but = I don't think it was there with a previous '00 Disco.=20

The vehicle is under warranty and I plan to explore this with the dealer = on our next visit but a little background / awareness on my part would be nice. Could it be that there is a warped plate in the transmission or = some transmission linkage adjustment is incorrect?

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Loren

Reply to