RR 4.6 HSE Air Conditioning problems

Hi there, In the last few weeks I've been experiencing strange things happening with the air con.

Usually when I start the car after a few hours rest, Nice cold air comes blowing out of the vents, But if I stop somewhere to pick someone up for example and re-start the engine, it blows out warmish air, as if the air con has stopped working. Sometimes if it's a long journey it might start working again and stay working till I switch off the engine.

Anyone else know of what could be the problem? (I have in the past had the book exclamation mark on the climate control panel but this hasn't shown for a around a month and when the aircon doesn't seem to be working it still doesn't show)

Another thing I may have noticed recently is a sloshing sound under the car when I pull away and when I turn off the engine. Though this may have been like this for ages and I've just not realised.

Thanks for any help.

Jas

Reply to
Jason Dean

I had this problem on my '95 2;5 DT RR. You have two options : A° You have to change the tempereture sensor in the car. Not too expensive. B° You have to change the motors that are regulating the aeration. This means taking the dashboard off. Very expensive. Secret option C° : the ECU strats to go nuts, and you have to change it. Even more expensive. I had to go thru B°, and then about a year later, opton A°. I hope that C° will never be seen...

-- Henry! Q. Why do some bands even have bass players? A. To translate for the drummer.

"Jason Dean" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Henry!

Thanks, I've just found the check list to go through to try and track down the problem. Will have a look at the weekend with my paperclip and torch and pray for someting cheap.

Jas

Reply to
Jason Dean