RR Classic Heater Blower - quick way of removing?

I have a 1993 Classic with a dodgy heater motor - is there a way to get it out without removing the complete dash and heater box? Unlike the earlier model the blower seems to be inside the heater box.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

"Alex" wrote.........

You have to take all the dash out. I have the same model and I needed a new motor about seven or eight years ago and because it is such a big job I wanted a brand new motor but couldn't get one, I was told they were obsolete so I had to repair the bloody thing. It's still going but I believe Paddocks now have a direct Bosch replacement for around £65, the original was priced at £177 + vat. IIRC it had a label on the heater assembly that said 'Discovery', probably the same motor then under a different part number.

Reply to
Oily

I had to do same job on a Discovery 1, all the bits I got were Range Rover Classic, so they seem to be directly interchangeable, certainly as far as the motor & matrix go,

on the disco the dash had to come out, however it wasn;t as big a job as expected, take plenty pics as it comes out for refrence.

Chris

Reply to
G8PSZ

I once had to replace the heater matrix in an SD1, I wish I had never started and came to the conclusion that when they built the SD1 they started with a heater matrix on the floor and built everything else around it.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Mmm. I've had the dash out on a couple of classics before. Thats why I was asking if there's a way of doing it without removing it! Never mind.

Thanks guys

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:19:33 -0000, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

Near as I can tell, the late-model RR has the same heater as the equivalent-age disco.

I'm going to have to do this on mine - motor was down to full-speed only (resistors presumed dud) but then the other day it won't run at all, it's taking power but no spinnee. bastard. I assume the rain has got to it and siezed it.

handy to know that there may be motors available. Last time I did dash-out to get to a heater (on an early disco 1) it took about 4 and a half hours start to finish. Looks like on the classic rangie it's only the lower dash panels and so on that have to come out... maybe...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:47:26 +0000, Alex enlightened us thusly:

book seems to say lower dash panels only. but it could be lying, of course.

Reply to
Austin Shackles