RR key question

We've just got a '95 4.6 RR but it's missing the handbook. I can probably get one from the dealer, but in the meantime, we're still playing with all the "toys" (including a code locked radio...) and the key has us slightly fooled:

1 click = lock 2 clicks = deadlock (?)

I read somewhere that it has a "close windows" facility, but how is that done? Thanks ... So much to like about this car that the radio and lack of handbook seem like very minor quibbles right now

Reply to
Jim

1st click = lock doors 2nd click = set alarm

System will lock doors after about a minute if you leave the car and forget to lock it behind you (don't leave the key on the driver's seat!) and set the immobiliser, but won't set the alarm.

Long press (2 secs) on the "lock" button closes the windows (and I think the sunroof if open - would have to check).

Worth getting the handbook, although I don't know how much it is. The car is unbelievably complicated, and I'm still finding stuff in the handbook that I didn't know. I've only had the car a year, after all. For example, you won't work out how to operate the various suspension settings without it. Also, there are things you might not guess - I tried to open a window recently when the car was frozen, and disabled all the one-shot window controls. 2 minutes with the handbook fixed it, but you wouldn't guess the solution.

Great car - enjoy it.

Reply to
Richard Brookman