RRC battery

Evening all,

Just a quick one, I don't have access to a RR manual at the moment, so i hope someone can advise. The battery on the Rangie is on it's last legs. Is it a straightforward change or is it different because it has a factory alarm / immob. Is it one of these open door / lock door / face east / stand on one leg and change battery within 2nanoseconds job, or do i just swap em?

ATB

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

...and Dave R spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

On mine it was 1. loosen battery terminals, 2. switch ign on and off again,

  1. disconnect battery within 20 secs.

Can't hurt. If it fails, I'll probably hear it.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

You're damn right you'll hear it, i'll be knocking on your door!!

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

by the way, i'm just about to send you a pic which pretty much sums up how bad a weekend i had trialling!

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

by the way, i'm just about to send you a pic which pretty much sums up how bad a weekend i had trialling!

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

...and Dave R spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Got it. You'd have been better in one of them fancy Italian boats than a Rangie. Hope the headlights dry out in time for the next one.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I've disconnected the battery quite a few times lately whilst welding and also to fit a new battery over Christmas and all I've had to do is click the key fob 4 times to get it to arm once it's reconnected and then click once to disarm and then everything works as usual. Go for it! (RRC Tdi)

HTH Martin.

Reply to
Oily

Excellent, my key fob is not working either now, so I am guessing that I can just open and shut the door with the key after that ?

Reply to
Dave R

On or around 29 Mar 2006 12:19:40 -0800, "Dave R" enlightened us thusly:

hey, no fair. Put it on the web so we can all see :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Tell me how and I will, i'm not ashamed!

Reply to
Dave R

That's just marvellous isn't it, are these things all wired differently or what? Only time I've had trouble with fob is when batteries go flat, then before I put new ones in I've had to keep it pressed without batteries for 10 seconds to reset fob and then refit new batteries, says this in owners manual! Maybe someone else knows better though?

Martin

Reply to
Oily

My hand was forced last night anyway when the battery light came on when i turned the ignition off, bugger, rectifier gone - arse. I took this opportunity to change the battery and because it was a.) raining b.) dark c.) a pain in the arse i forgot all about the AFL thread and just disconnected the battery. No probs, mind you, I haven't tried to use the fob for a while so that will be my next project!

Reply to
Dave R