RRC LSE 4.2 1994 LPG

Hi, Does anyone have the definitve answer? I want an original Lucas dizzy cap and rotor arm. What are the original lucas part numbers? There are 2 auctions on ebay for new ones but some are blue, some are black, both claim their part is correct. Also has anyone tried out a high power coil????

best wishes, roger

Reply to
Roger Lyons

Cap - RTC3197 Rotor arm - STC1857

Don't know what colour the cap should be but I always assumed blue were replacements and black originals.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

RTC3618 Rotor Arm V8 Suffix 'A' Only - (E)14G/15G/17G STC1857 Rotor Arm - 3.5/3.9 V8

STC8368G V8 Distributor Cap - Lucas - NLA STC8368 Distributor Cap V8 RTC3197 Distributor Cap - V8

There two types of cap used to be blue for STC8386 and black for RTC3197, but that seems to have gone out of the window recently.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Those numbers I supplied *are* for 1994 4.2 litre.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Ah, BUT does anyone know the Lucas part numbers?? Cheers all. roger

Reply to
Roger Lyons

"Roger Lyons" wrote .....

One of these days I will learn to read *and* understand.

I'll cross reference tomorrow unless someone else does it sooner.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

I'd like the lucas numbers as well, last cap I bought from landrover (gen. part, sealed box etc) said "Made in Italy" on the inside of the cap!!! I gave it back and said "no thanks, I ordered genuine so that I'd get the correct Lucas part. If I wanted cheap Intermotor crap I'd buy from a motor factors!". They weren't impressed but understood my position. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Yes, my point exactly. Had the same thing recently. To be honest, I am not TOO bothered about being genuine Land Rover. Think its more important to be genuine Lucas especially running LPG I am told. I have tried 2 cheapo's (1 not so cheap) and suffered from the odd backfire. I think the cap that RPI sell is a DDB107 (lucas reference on box in picture) which is black which is a start but no idea what rotor arm number is. Also regarding my original question, does anyone running LPG have any experience of higher output coils ie lucas gold coil etc? If so, which model? I know they do a ballasted 1.6V and unballasted but not sure which I need. I am fitting an RPI dual timing amp and thought a better coil may be an advantage too (45000V over about 40000V ish) As always, any help appreciated. Thanks,

Rog

Reply to
Roger Lyons

Slightly OT but i will chance it. I run my 4.6HSE on LPG 99% of the time and have just replaced all HT and plugs (due to back-firing , or rather pre-firing in the inlet manifolds).

All seems OK now (common fault with LPG installations over time apparently.

According to the trip computer she never returns >15.x MPG on LPG (even when driven very gently) and my pump payment maths tells me it really is only doing 12MPG maximum.

Any other LPG conversions out there with reliable MPG figures for comparison? Would be very pleased to see them.

Regards,

Dan.

Reply to
Danny Clarke