RRC shock absorber bracket - can you get them?

Afternoon all,

The Rangie failed it's MOT today due to an "excessively corroded" shock bracket (axle end). Of all the things i've seen for sale i've never seen these anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one, or am i have to going to find an old axle and lop one off?

Oh, and the number plate light had gone, but I reckon i can work that one out!

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

Dave Hi,

Scorpion Racing sells them as part of their kit for the dual shock absorbers set up. Their part number is Y03-2307-LRSBRKT and are priced at 16 pounds each plus VAT. Those are WELD ON I repeat that those brackets are used so that you can mount a second pair of shock absorbers at the rear axle so please confirm that they can be used as replacement of the ones on the original location on the axle.

Most probably you can find them cheaper elsewhere but this is the place I have handy right now.

IF you manage to find them cheaper elsewhere please let us know.

Take care Pantelis

P.S. I do have a connection with SR since I am their representative in Greece. I know they do fit well if you wish to fit a second pair of shocks at the rear axle but have not used them as replacement/repair parts for the original ones in the standard factory position. But I do know from SR that they buy them from Land Rover.

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

It's possible that the 'excessively corroded' description is not correct.

A more common problem is for the hole in the bracket through which the shocker mounts to become enlarged.

Therefore check first that the bracket is in fact solid - it way well be. Grasp the lower end of the shocker and attempt to move it laterally in the bracket - it shouldn't. If it does the central hole is worn and/or the stepped/lipped washers are worn. Dismantle and inspect.

A worn bracket can easily be reclaimed.

Reply to
Dougal

no, this is definately not reclaimable!, we're talking about most of the bracket returning to mother earth! an ovalised hole would have been alright as I could have just welded some thick washers on it. Any remaining steel is far too thin and corroded to weld to. the search continues!

Dave R

Thanks for that Pantelis,

I did have a look on the Scorpion racing website and they do indeed advertise them on their website. I did consider making one up, but after doing a load of repair work on it already I don't fancy spending hours making one when I can get a proper one and just bodge (sorry, weld) it on.

Thanks again for your help, I'll give them a ring after the bank holiday and get one ordered

Dave

Pantelis Giamarellos wrote:

Reply to
Dave R