RRIII L322 Drives London to South Africa

Just been browsing this and thought it may interest a few readers here, No break downs, No oil consumption (of note) , No muggings...

Nowt to do with me but interesting none the less.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Hows yours doing, Lee?

Miss mine.

Reply to
Nige

OK (not tempting fate!) , Due to be pressed in to action again in a few weeks.

I have reconditioned all the injectors as a precautionary measure. If we weren't doing big trips on holiday I'd just run the risk.

Also refurbed the Turbo, removed and replaced myself.

Otherwise OK.

I've just recently got a resler interface for the I-Bus so I can now interface with some of the systems on the car and tweak various settings. I mainly use it to interface a laptop in the boot to the in car computer display and control a program called Carx which gives a Range Rover / BMW style display and control via the dash navigation buttons of the software for MP3s, AVI's , Speed camera detection (European mainland only at the min), and lauching any other programs you wish such as a video camera which incorporates gps on the laptop to show on the recorded footage speed, bearing, height, long & lat etc etc.. all very police camera action but all the software is free so happy days. I mainly only use it when caravaning to be honest (for mp3's & fireman sam!) as we spend as you know 4 or 5 hours on the road. I also now have the option to have the rear view camera in the caravan on the main screen to.

Apart from that its as it was. I think the only thing we have done other than that since you last saw it was chuck a couple of less scabby wheels on and better tyres although still goodyears. They were cheap as chips as I got a set of three wheels and tyres which fitted my need.

Only current issue pending is the dash OBC display which has various failed pixles depending on the temp, I am reluctant to fix it yet as when ever I seem to get a car totally 100% somthing bad seems to happen to it. The fix for these is now £50 for parts DIY or £100 if I send it away.

Still love it... then again still get a buzz from the 110... or maybe thats from the rattles!

Full fat 75000 miles I think so happy days! 110 is on 128,000 and still visible from space when starting from cold ;0)

There are a bunch of blokes of Fullfatrr.com who are hands on practical DIY types so the lid has officially been taken off the L322 for home tinkering now which is right up my street!

You know you want one.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D