RRIII Tyres prices...

Lee_D ... I hope you have a lot of tread left on yours!

Just had to replace mine, last time I did they were only (!) about £450 for

4 ... this time - £780!?! That on top of a £900 service - this is pushing the running costs almost up to the same level as the D1 (when it was in regular use....).
Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Neil, it's often cheaper to buy a set of alloys and tyres off eBay, then sell the spare wheels on.

I got a set of 4 x 19" HSE Alloys for my D3 with new tyres (255/55/19 Pirellis) for £600 recently.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Need some Scorpion 255/55 19" for mine. Best quote at the moment is 795quid fitted.. Back order with Pirelli at most outlets.

I think most outlets know there on back order at the moment and are charging accordingly.

Going to have to go for the Goodyear equivalents at 160 per corner fitted as Im on the 'last chance cafe' markings.

That's on top of a 2500k gearbox change any day now.

Speaking to a local guy to me who is MOT'ing a lot of L322+ (for what reason)

Says the early ones are starting to fail MOT in spectacular ways even after

5 years.

I wish someone would buy mine from me.. Spoke to the local Mitsi dealer tonight who requested that I loose mine first before I speak to him rather than asking for a part ex.

Sniff

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

Have a look for a post by Andy Sergeant in this group, get his contact details and then see what he's go on special offer. Some of his pricing is good enough that I'm considering getting him to ship to me.

Reply to
EMB

Ooo. Ive just had abit of a result on the tyres.. I wont squeel yet as they might be wrong. I cant get them till tomorrow.

Certain sub 200quid per corner.

Let you know.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

Getting mine fitted in about an hour ... just for the record they are 255/50 R20 Continental UHP's ... not that common :(

Annoying thing is I have a set of 255/55 R19 MT/R's in the garage that do fit, but I then have to go careful on the old loud pedal (oh and the tyre noise is substantial compared to the standard tyres!)... that and they use the other type of wheel nuts, so have to carry spares for the spare so to speak .. which is a 255/50 R20 :(

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Well would you believe I almost went over but I called them first.. Not in yet.. Wont be in till tuesday, oh and can they call me monday to confirm the price.

Not that it matters, the b@stard truck pi$$ed coolant out of yet another hose on the way back so its now dead again on the drive coolantless.

Back to the Vectra..

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

Neil Brownlee uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Tread isn't bad. Mines sat on 18 inch rims. I'm not going to look in case I scare myself!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D