Sad day...

Haven't they got anything better to worry about?

Simon Atkinson

I see the 1984-esque Morning Hate is alive and well.

Never mind, we're supposedly in for a very severe winter. That should shut up the anti-4x4 brigade.

Reply to
PDannyD

Sadly it will make it worse - either through envy or becuase 90% of

4X4's are driven by townie mums who wouldn't know how to control a slide if their life depended on it (as it probably will).
Reply to
Simon Atkinson

They have a website as well

John Woodison

should we all email them and hopefully crash their system (if that works?).

Reply to
Richard

Good idea! snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk snipped-for-privacy@stopurban4x4s.org.uk

Not that I drive a 4x4... but am a fan of the green oval! Plus, I'm sure once they are bored with 4x4's they will turn thier attention to people driving cars like mine....

Reply to
murphwiz

The real sad thing is it might be your life too!

Reply to
GbH

And when is urban not urban, what about suburban for instance.

I wonder what they think about the non shiny variety of 4x4 ? probably totally beyond there limited imaginations, how are they going to deal with the road tax thing and not penalise rural drivers, and those who need a 4x4 for work ?

They have not thought it all through. just the usual knee jerk reaction.

Reply to
Larry

I don't go into town much these days - let the buggers all wipe each other out!

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

Which almost certainly guarantees sucess to their venture. :-(

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Larry blithered:

No kneed for the joint qualifier!

Reply to
GbH

That reminds me, I let my GLASS membership lapse, better see to that

Reply to
Me

They can't possibly enforce the road tax thing - except maybe in the big cities where it would depend on your Postcode. I agree the people that support the above mentioned anti 4X4 site are ignorant idiots. What about all these big 2 seater sports cars I see when I'm around London - polluting the air more surely? As for the 'more likely to injure a child' statement, surely that's the driver - townie mum's in their new 4x4?

Reply to
Wolverine

Dangerous weapon? A Defender 90, able to go about 120 km/h max., is anything but a weapon.

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

This is the queation. to be honest, I also think one driving a BMW X5 must be, errrm, strange.

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

Any vehicle can be a weapon if you know how to use it. if it came to a choice I'd rather have my legs/hips/torso sharing the impact of a land rover than having my lower legs take all the impact from a sports car.

I'm glad I live in cornwall, lots of land rovers and other 4x4's around, 75% are driven by people who need them for their work and the rest of them are rich folk in big rangies mostly.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

There argument does not make sence, what would stop me buying a 2WD truck or worse than that a second hand bus for my amusement, I could legitimatly use the bus lanes then and that would really annoy them.

Do these people complain about fire engines racing about that could injure a child, never mind the amount of diesel they consume. If they really want to clean up the environment they could ask the army to stop driving those nasty dangeros tanks.

Reply to
Larry

good point that. bloody big tank with a big gun on it... could have someones eye out with that....

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

*Anything* going above about 40mph is a dangerous weapon. The shape of the front end does make a difference but really only at lower speeds, anything fast and you're splattered no matter the shape. Of course in urban areas you'll be lucky to get above 30mph for more than 10s. Horse drawn traffic in the 18th centaury was quicker...

Having said that bull bars are really nasty to pedestrians at very low speeds, I can't see much requirement for them is this country. We don't have roos wandering about like they do in Oz, the odd sheep or deer maybe but only in rural areas.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not to mention the gallons per mile fuel consumption. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice