Sagging lining ...

Hi Guys,

Any quick fixes for sagging roof lining on a RR Classic? It just seems to be happening on the driver's side (no comments about 'big head', please ;-)).

TIA

Colin

Reply to
Colin "Jay" Jackson

Spray glue with the door trim moved away?

Reply to
Nige

Remove entire headliner. If only a small area near the edge is involved you may be able to do the job 'in situ' but it's easier with the thing upside down on trestles.

If the base material is breaking up, sort that before you proceed.

Re-attach lining with spray glue.

Reply to
Dougal

I suppose it depends on how tidy the motor is overall, the last one I had I just ripped out the hanging stuff and emulsioned the cardboard type backing, marvellous job! The later one I've never had trouble with it in about seven years, they must be a better job unless someone replaced it before I got it but I don't think so.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Wickes own brand spray glue worked for me, but the whole thing was sagging so i could reach in from the back and start at the front.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J

Thanks guys.

The back seems fine for now so I may do the quick fix version of pulling as much away as I need from the front and spray gluing that. ANYTHING other than taking the whole lining out ...

Colin

Reply to
Colin "Jay" Jackson

Staple Gun fixed mine :)