Scisset / Huddersfield next weekend?

Have I imagined this, or just got the wrong weekend? I know someone posted about it a bit back, but I can't find it now I need to.

I'm planning to go along and possibly camp (depends on the weather - no point camping in the rain when I live 5 minutes away!). Does anyone have a link to more details?

Thanks

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

PDannyD

Anyone been? What did you think?

I had a great time, but didn't spend a single penny! Mandy bought me an ice cream, but apart from that not a sausage! There was some good stuff amongst the autojumble, but a lot of junk in there too.

A few good looking 101's, and I managed to meet Neil / Piglet and plan my Discovery project.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Tim can you tell us the dates for the Robin Hood Bay meet as Kay and myself are hoping to get up there

Brev

Reply to
Brevit

Erm not for sure! Late October I think (25th rings a bell). There's nowt in the Six Stud I just got. I'll post a question on the 101 Yahoog group to find out.

I'm a bit worried about the offroading - I may not get around to fixing the difflock before the event, so I may need the recovery shackles and bridle I've just fitted on the front quite a lot!

See you there!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Is it your difflock switch that is kaput or faulty cos if so we may be able to help as we may be able locate one..(he..he..)

Brev

Reply to
Brevit

Don't know yet. Warren had a quick look when he did the MoT - I only knew it wasn't working because I took the front prop off to tow it in and found it wouldn't move! AFAIR he said there was vacuum there but didn't investigate any further. So it could be the switch.

Lee D is looking at fitting a mechanical actuator - any news Mr Davies?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Just got back from Langley farm there was a notice up for this on the weekend 25th October

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Page 29 - Stop Press (squished into Six Stud at the last moment...)

25th - 26th October

There's a road book and a day of variable off roading. Camping next to the orc - 3 quid a night, per vehicle!

The point of these types of events is really just to have a bit of fun. You can take on different parts of the course as you feel fit. It's not a challenge against other 101s, but a bit of fun for the individual to test their vehicle.

To stress one point, this is an 'unofficial' meet - so I fully expect Kay and Brev to be there and reckon it's probably the last time this year we'll have an opportunity to break the seal on the (huge) bottle of Pimms ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

As soon as I can get the bed fitted in the back....it was going well till the words Four Poster was mentioned..... Net drapes ..... (Someone save me.!!!) If she's lucky I'll stick the bl***y stretchers back in....

Brev

Reply to
Brevit

Crikey - don't let Charlotte hear you say things like that!

Actually, the net drapes may be a good idea - if mozzie net is used.

No, stop that...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:02:27 +0100, "Brevit" made me spill my meths by writing:

Some sort of kinky vehicle lift? You need nets up while working under the vehicle, such modesty :)

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Matilda is a very sensitive 101..... She needs her modesty covering. And I do like the idea of the mozzie nets as drapes.I think I will keep that in mind when we start travelling aboard. If not to keep the mozzies out but to keep Kay in....(He...he...he)

Brev

Reply to
Brevit