Scorpion Racing Towbar

Hey

Does anyone know if the Scorpion Racing removable towbar for the Defender is E-certified ? I.o.w., can it be used legally ?

Thanks,

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

Why not ask Scorpion Racing? M.

Reply to
McBad

Can't see them selling illegal stuff and if you refer to an older make in situ, is it not the case that the law applies after a particular date ?

Reply to
Hirsty's

Our MOT specifically looks for an E-registration number. No sticker, no MOT, no insurance, you get the picture.

Why didn't I call Scorpion ? Because they're in the UK, they don't have an email adress, they refer you to their 'sole distributor for Belgium' anyway and he's a berk.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

How do your MoT's treat a 12 seat 110; wouold it be a minibus therefore needing a tacho or not ???

Reply to
Hirsty's

I'm not sure if this helps but, in the UK any tow bar fitted on or sold for a 1998 on vehicle has to have to be type approved and have an E number. So, if they are selling the tow bar for 1998 on vehicles then it should have an E number.... of course that doesn't necessarily mean it HAS got a number :-)

If you let me have the details I can phone and ask tomorrow as I was going to phone them anyway in my relentless pursuit of 8 inch wide steel wheels :-)

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

Peter Hi,

if you wish I can ask Scorpion Racing about it as I am their representative for Greece.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Bronco 4x4

do an 'All black Modular' steel for 50 quid q throw, and they can be seen fitted here
(yes, the ugly mutt is me).

The towbar is the 'removable towbar' for a Td5. I have no more details, as they do not give any on their rather useless website.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.