Seat Belt Clip Part Nos

Could someone maybe tell me where I can find out what the part number would be for the little bits of plastic on a Defender 110 seat belt, that is supposed to keep the metal seat belt clip from sliding all the way down the actual belt ?

Its been driving me crazy for weeks now, and everytime I get into the landrover I have to struggle to retrieve the metal seat belt clip from the bottom of the belt, where it gets jammed in against the door.

Im sure its something simple but I just need to have some way to keep the metal clip half way up the seat belt like any normal car.

Thanks for any assistance.

Reply to
suibhne

Small rivet through the webbing?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

If you mean the "buttons" in the middle of the belt strap then they are part of the belt itself - not available separately as far as I know.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

That would be my thoughts or a nut and bolt. But being careful to part the weave of the webbing when inserting rather than cutting any strands so as not to weaken the belt. The proper buttons have a narrow pin between them.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

|| On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 13:33:52 +0100, Richard Brookman wrote: || ||| Small rivet through the webbing? || || That would be my thoughts or a nut and bolt. But being careful to || part the weave of the webbing when inserting rather than cutting any || strands so as not to weaken the belt. The proper buttons have a || narrow pin between them.

I was wondering about a nut and bolt, but then I thought it might be a bit dangerous in an accident if anyone got a bit of flesh between the belt and something else. A rivet could be made suitably smooth to be, if not as good as the original, at least reasonably so.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Like these?

Just a quick google on Seat Belt Clip

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Small, as in 4BA, round head bolt and file the nut? I'm trying to think where the stop ends up when the belt is worn. Must be in the lap section but fairly close to the buckle.

TBH the seatbelt itself can leave hefty bruises when it's required to hold you in. I got a very decent pair where the lap belt passed over my pelvis(*) when rolling my old car at 40mph+ and that was from quite a long slowing from impact with the dry stone wall to staionary and inverted. Head on or other sudden stops and you are looking at a 2" wide bruise from sholder to hip and possibly cracked ribs.

(*) Lap belts should be fitted as low as possible to hold you via your relativly strong pelvis rather than your squidgy, easly damaged, lower internal organs.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I bought something called a "belt stopper" from the local accessories shop - has a black plastic 2 part clip which goes round the belt and snaps together, and a plastic wedge to hold it in the right place on the belt. Came in a pack of 2 and were cheap. Been on the landy for years with no problems, and saves modifying the belt - my local MOT station said they are supposed to fail seat belts that have had the webbing modified in any way.

Andy Fox

1986 110 V8 CSW (now with Weber 500 and RPi TorqueMax cam)
Reply to
Andy Fox