Seat belts

Hi

I want to fit 3 point seat belts to my 1960 series 2. She is a soft top, but also has a hard cab top seperate, but has the canvas on most of the time. When looking on the paddocks website -

- they only talk about seat belts for hard top models, does that mean that I won't be able to fit them on a soft top, I'm guessing it needs to be attached to a support colum attached to hard top roof? If I can only fit it to a hard top, does any one know of any seat belts suitable for soft tops, I want 3 point retractable seat belts rather than lap belts, or non retractable. And I only want them for the two outer seats, for now at least, I'm not going to fit one to the middle seat. Any help appareciaited,

Phil

Reply to
<phil.overbury

Are the lap belts going spare by any chance??? ;-)

Reply to
Mother

The top attachment point for the cab is on the cab as you suggest. My 1970 soft top had a top attachment point on the rail at the top of the bulkhead behind the seat. However, there were a number of different setups, depending on market - have a look at the optional equipment catalogue for Series 2a/3. JD

Reply to
JD

so snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com was, like...

Talk to BLRS. I got mine (for hardtop) from there and they were very helpful. I think they did some for the soft-top that have the shoulder strap mounting behind the bulkhead, but ICBW.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Our series II had inertia 3 point and it was mounted on the rear bulkhead. At the mo we have a full length canvas on our 90 but have a military roll bar so the top point attaches to that. Richard

Reply to
Richard

Lap and diagonals were standard on UK Series IIA models from vehicle suffix 'D'. They should fit a Series II. The shoulder mounting was on the top of the bulkhead. I have the fitting instruction if you'd like a copy.

There are some other mounts for the soft top that were efectively a frame mounted over the bulkhead to give a higher shoulder mounting. If you swap tops these may not be a good idea (probably not compatible with the hard top).

Retractables were offered as an option on later Series IIIs. Again, they should fit a Series II. It looks as though there were two versions which would fit soft tops. Get a look at a late edition IIA/IIIA Optional Equipment Parts Book for details (the 1973 copy available on the web is too early).

Reply to
Dougal