Seats for Defender

Does anyone know where I can get a custom built, upgraded (ie comfortable) drivers seat for my TDI. I'm not as young as I was and my back plays up sommink terrible on a long drive. Cheers.

Reply to
Steviejay

On or around Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:19:31 GMT, "Steviejay" enlightened us thusly:

Ford Sierra ones can be made to fit with a bit of effort.

I've got one as an office chair now, much better than the original top to this chair.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

so Steviejay was, like...

Exmoor Trim do lots.

although it seems to be on the blink at the mo.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:21:14 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

I imagine though that they're original spec. The original defender seats when in good condition are OK, but there are much better ones about.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

so Austin Shackles was, like...

No, they have quite a range - high back, half-leather and so on. Look pretty good. Site is worth a look, when it's back up again.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:23:25 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

I'll have a look - but in terms of defender front seat replacement there aren't going to be many options. Sierra ones are a bit taller than standard, but you can at least unbolt all the workings from the bottom of the seat itself.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have seen Recaros fitted & a fair amount of rover 800 seats.

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige