self leveling system light on...

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. I have a 2001 LR Disco II. I was driving last night and the light came on the instrument dash (also with a single beep) for the self-leveling system. It is the one that shows a vehicle with an arrow above and below. I looked in the manual and it is listing this as if it is very BAD thing. It says pull over, don't drive, if you have to drive it better be on completely smooth pavement, etc. ANYONE have this come up before?? Heather

Reply to
Brian

Brian, Sounds like a sensor in the rear pneumatic suspension has gone out to lunch. To really find what's wrong prior to visiting the garage, buy yourself a code reader that will tell you what's wrong. All vehicles, at least those sold in NA, have something called OBD2 (On Board Diagnostics

2) which will, through a series of alpha-numeric codes, state the vehicles health. There's a manual that will state exactly what those codes mean. I purchased a code reader for my Disco S1 and found that the few times I had gone into the local LR dealer was a waste of time and money. My son has also purchased one for his Disco S1.

Here is an example of what's available:

Hope this helps you as much as this NG has helped me.

Reply to
Jeffrey S Austin