Selling

What is the general opinion about the best place to advertise a Defender for sale. eg

Reply to
Eddie Green

Eddie Green uttered summat worrerz funny about:

If it's a good one then you won't go far wrong with the mag's if your in no hurry.

Once sold a tricked up VW Roadster and was getting calls for months after.

If it's "worn" then try your local Farmers Guardian or local rag, loot is also free.

If you fancey the excitement of the Auction then bung it on Ebay. You can also plug it here seeing as it's on topic.

Go join

they also have a for sale section and it's free.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Reply to
Eddie Green

Decent lot on here, no net nannys or otherwise!!

Get it up here & if no interest eBay is your friend!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Try this one.

bones

...and Eddie Green spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

If you mark the post FS (for sale) in the header, and what you are selling is on-topic (ie Land Rover related) then no-one here will object. Good manners of you to ask first, though :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

"Richard Brookman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Now can we please see what he has for sale! I want to upgrade my D90!!

The suspense is killing me...

(Yes, I know it is just a devious advertising ploy).

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

I agree get it posted lad we are on tenter hooks . Derek ( trying not to buy a landy at the moment - curse you ebay)

Reply to
Derek

On or around Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:37:16 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

Main thing is only to post it once. Posting 3 times a day saying "buy my landy" will reuslt in much sarcasm.

It's acceptable to post a "FA" link to an auction, and acceptable to post again if you relist it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

First I have to make a confession. I have bought a Land Cruiser. I blame it on a mad senior moment, but my wife insists on some comfort when towing our boat 800 miles down through France. So now I have to sell Defender 110. 300TDi. P Reg. First reg 19-4-97 Hard top with nice side windows fitted by Keith Gott and side rear seats with belts. One driver since new (Me) Sunroof. Green with White roof. Avon Rangemaster tyres are original, I would say at least 10,000 miles left on them. Mileage since new 30,527 supported by MOT certs and regular service record. Cubby box, alarm. Timing belt has been changed. Dog guard. Small tear in edge of drivers seat and sometimes leaks at front top corner of passenger door after standing in rain. (Its a Land Rover) No other faults that I know of, we confidently use it for long journeys through France, Low ratio and FWD regularly excercised but no serious off roading. I will be getting the 30,000 mile service done by Keith Gott this week also MOT. Farnha. Surrey. e.g.

Reply to
Eddie Green

the villagers will be out with the burning torches anytime now (LOL)

.

there are just two little points first for goodness sake change your Newsgroup set up ( if you are using OE its in tools> accounts> news> properties. ) just edit the email address shown most of us just put spoiler word(s) in so human beings can mail us manually that way when you post it does not give your correct email address and allow automaated harvesting of the address for the purpose of spamming 'spambots' second point what sort of money are you looking for?

Reply to
Derek

aye - so far as I know there is no acceptable sacrifice that will assuage the demons.

o/p is using "Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180"

some news servers (e.g. individual.net) require a real address. an alternative to munged mail addresses is to auto-respond with alt contact details and black-hole incoming. hint: ever heard of a spammer reading replies?

others are happy using their existing spam-filters or employ the 'just hit delete' technique.

yes - among the most important items.

o make/model/year/mileage o general description o features/accessories o general condition o things that need attention o location o price

Reply to
William Tasso

Tax & MOT status.....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Hi Group/Eddie I am interested. When can I come and see it.I only live in Frimley so no problem - no long trips needed! Alan

Reply to
Roberts