series 2a door check strap removal

Hi Gang,

Got a little problemmette with my 2a.. here goes

The door check strap where it bolts onto the door pillar is 'pulling out' of the pillar, not it seems through rust though.. I need to remove the bracket from the pillar to replace the bolts and (I assume) captive nuts on the back.

Question is, how do you get at the captive nuts? Not it appears from inside the vehicle, and I cant see how to get at them from outside.

I suspect my 2a has a seriaaes 3 bulkhead if this makes a difference.

Thanks for any advice, Tezza

Reply to
terry

SIII makes sense. My IIa has tubes under the dash shelf with a sliding plunger afair which connects to the door to a more permenant bracket than the later sliding block of nylon in a box shaped door attachment. I think earlier SII's had nowt as the doors opened all the way.

On JLO (Sis SIII Station Wagon) I reinforced this area after first welding good the damage. The bits your after are boxed in by the door pillar it's self..

and before

There are lots of piccys on the JLO area of my site which may shed more light in what your looking at.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

I really like the ability to open the doors all the way back onto the wings. Gets them out of the way nicely, and makes it possible to drive along with them open if you so desire!. I went to look at a series 2 once and it had rubber bump stops on the wings for the doors. Ive seen series 1's with them too. My doors hit the tyres before hitting the wings..

Reply to
Tom Woods

Hi Lee,

Thanks for that, mine looks just like your example, so it obviously is a s3 one. Looks like I need to tap up some old mates that work in bodyshops then :-(

Lee_D wrote:

Reply to
terry