Series 3 diesel, white smoke

I have just started my 5 bearing 2.25 diesel after 4 years standstill.

It is very hard to start and smokes white. I suspect it is a timing problem??? Is it posible to time yourself or is the problem elsewhere?

Peter Blaabjerg.

Reply to
peter blaabjerg

If nothing's been changed whilst it has sat it's more likely to be a lack of compression problem. Give it a bit of a run and see if it settles down.

Reply to
EMB

All liquid stuff exchanged before starting it?

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS