series gearbox **URGENT REPLY NEEDED**

Hiya guys,

just rebuilt my series and thought it would be easeier to check gearbox oil whilst the seatbox is off, the box came from a mate who paid 100 pounds for it, so i foolishly thought if hed paid that much it would be good, well, dropping the oil was very interesting, it was like watching the Generation game conveyor belt, spring, bent washer, roller bearing, large, in two bits, thrust washer, loads and loads of brass fillings, anyway i take it the box is a bit on the " in need of repair " state.

my question is.....

can i take the bellhousing off the 3 box and put it on the 2a box.

any help, advice or step by step instructions desperatly needed.

just gopt to strip the knackerd box back out 2 mrw and get the 2a in.

cheers

andy

Reply to
Andy

I'm sure you can swap the bellhousing OK but you probably find the clutch cylinder was on the right on the SIIa and now will want to be on the left for the SIII.

I tried a quick Google for some gearbox walkthroughs but didn't have much joy finding anything particularly helpful, sorry.

Reply to
wayne

no probs,

im putting a serties 2a box on a series 3 with a diahatsu engine.

thanks anyhow

Andy

Reply to
Andy