series II (poss) clutch question

Morning all,

been offered an ageing series landy, not a I, poss a II.

Anyways, the bloke says that the clutch went suddenly - does it have a cable or hyrdaulic clutch?

cheers

Si

Reply to
SiK

Going from memory, the Series2 is a hydraulic system to outside the clutch housing. The slave piston works on a mechanical linkage which operates the clutch. I think it has just one pin which is what I think has sheared.

The Series1 is a direct mechanical link to the clutch, full of wobbly bits and link pins.

If it just needs fluid you can freely mix DOT3 and DOT4.

Reply to
PDannyD

Hydraiulic.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

been offered an ageing series landy, not a I, poss a II.

Anyways, the bloke says that the clutch went suddenly - does it have a cable or hyrdaulic clutch?

cheers

Si

Clevis pin failure is not unheard of, and fixed without a dismantle other than removal of the floor. Or hydraulic flex pipe failure (evidenced by pools of fluid), failiing that something internal has broken - clutch actuator lever or cover plate (not common)

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

I recently fixed a similar problem on my 2a clutch, You can see exactly what broke as a before and after jpeg here:

(180k)
(212k) Might give you an insight ;)

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

On or around Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:47:22 +1000, "Karen Gallagher" enlightened us thusly:

Hydraulic, and as such sudden clutch failure can be a seal or pipe gone.

Reply to
Austin Shackles