Series IIA input shaft

Hi

I've got the input shaft of my IIA gearbox apart and I'm not sure how reusable it is. The ring that engages the synchro hub to provide 4th isn't solidly attached to the shaft, it seems to be made from two pieces of metal and I can slide it relative to the shaft a fraction of a mm. The end that sits in the spigot bush had rust on it, so I left it overnight in some vinegar and the rust has gone but it's still not perfectly smooth, will this shred up the spigot bush if I use it?

I also didn't quite hit it square while knocking the bearing off, so I had to tap it sideways a couple of times with the mallet to straighten it before it would continue moving through the bearing... oops

Thanks

Reply to
Daniel Collins

I'm also looking for the following parts if anyone knows where to get genuine/OEM for reasonable prices:

Layshaft (556040) Bearing retainer (528685) Synchro hub (FRC1758)

2nd gear pair (600916) Mainshaft 1st gear (511205) Distance piece (502482) Reverse idler gear (561960) 2nd gear bush (FRC4076)

And possibly these:

Input shaft (542231) Reverse idler shaft (561962)

Thanks

Reply to
Daniel Collins