series iia wiring

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help and advcie so far, its much appreicated.

is it difficult to make your own wiring loom?? anybody done this before?

any help would be great

thanks

Rav

Reply to
rk

I did a rewire on mine last year.It helped to get rid of the dynamo and control box,as half of the wires seem to be concerned with those. I bought a load of different coloured wires from motor factors,connectors,

2 '4 fuse' fuse boxes, a new ignition switch and a few other bits, the total came to just over 50UKP. Its a fairly simple process, just take your time over it, and the result is a lot better and neater than the original loom, which seemed to me to have a lot of poor design on it.I put both fuse boxes inside on the bulkhead, making any fuse changing dead simple. You'll not be able to get the original coloured wires, so buy a load of different coloured tie-wraps, and use them to identify various circuits. Alan.
Reply to
A.Lee

You can get the original coloured wires at a reasonable price. Take a look at

. They also stock a reasonable selection of connectors and associated tooling.

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

It's not too bad. Just decide where you want everything to go before you start.

You'll need loads of wire, preferably in the correct colors. Failing that, make carefull notes of which colors you use for everything. The old colors actually have a scheme to them. For example, brown is earth, red is a feed from battery, blue is headlights etc etc.

If you can't get the correct colors, then my advice is to get a large tub of colored cable ties, the small ones, and mark the cables with them

Alex

Reply to
Alex