Series III 109 Truck - Add Rear Windows/Passenger conversion

Hello group,

I'm considering purchasing a 1976 model LWB Series III this week. It's a three seater with the tub used as load space. I would want to add a second row of forward facing seats (6 forward) and install foldable bench seats in the tub. I don't want to have to add another set of side doors, so the Landy would remain 3 door model. I do want to add sliding windows in the rear for the poor suckers, erm, I mean passengers, in there.

I was hoping to hold out for a model with more the setup I was looking for, but this potential purchase might be a bargain in terms of condition and price, and I don't mind a little light duty weekend work to make the changes I want.

My questions are,

(1) Where can I get a suitable set of sliding windows to install if I cut out two sections in the rear panels

(2) With just the two doors up front and the rear door, would 6 forward facing seats be practical (could the passenger still get in and out of them with this type of configuration), or would I be better off leaving the middle seat out of the second row for rear access?

Any comments welcome?

TIA

Reply to
Nick

...and Nick spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

I got a set from BLRS (ads in the usual comics). Good quality, didn't rattle or leak, quite easy to fit. Just make sure you have a good sharp jigsaw and a quantity of dum-dum. I think they still cost a bit over £100. Well worth it - for pulling out of angled junctions, if nothing else.

HTH

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Ok, at the risk of sounding like a YTS asking for a long weight, what is dum-dum?

:o)

Reply to
Nick

depends how much climbing over seats the passengers are prepared to do.

Reply to
Larry

It's an old-fashioned alternative to mastic/silicone/windscreen sealer/panel sealant etc. Coachbuilders used to use it for jointing wooden body panels/structures, sealing windows etc etc. Although these days it's been superceeded by the modern products available, it still has some advantages over the modern alternatives.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:12:08 -0000, "Nick" scribbled the following nonsense:

thick gloopy stuff that seals windows in place.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs