Shakespeare Unofficial

First home again - drat. Sorry we missed the visit this morning.

Big thank yous to Graham, Richard and Emma for a brilliant weekend. The welcome was great, the craic was excellent and the company superb. Met a few old (ish) friends and made a few new ones, just as it should be. See you all in Malvern, God and the Mother-in-Law willing.

Picked up diesel at 99.9p near Evesham, which is more than I am used to. Glad I did, however, when it was 102.9 on the M5. Jeez.

Cheers all. Hope you enjoyed the brewery visit and had a safe trip home. To our hosts - thanks again.

Now a quick shower and off to soddin' Brighton. I love travel, but not this much.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Must be the second one home!.

Big thanks to Graham, Richard and Emma for a fantastic weekend, whens the next one??!!. Nice to put faces to names as well. Currently downloading my pictures and the one of Grahams 'moment' is pretty good...................will try and put somewhere so people can see it. Just got to sort out my diff lock which doesn't, then i'll be able to pull stuck 90's next time!!.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

Couldn't make it - was going to, then William decided to have tonsillitis.

Steve

Reply to
steve

Couldn't make the Saturday as I was lying on my back under the &$^&%^& Discovery trying to fix the rear prop and affix 6 downpipe studs :(

And after all that work - it's still spitting from the flanges and the squeak I thought was the failing UJ is *STILL* there :(

Land Rover 1 - Neil 0 :(

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:04:09 +0100, steve enlightened us thusly:

flippin' kids...

hope he gets better suitably.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:36:29 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

Wot he said.

and the brewery was good, too.

I have a few pictures and video clips, the latter are disgusting quality though as taken with the old camera.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Course he's right as bloody rain today, when I would have taken him to the quack.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:34:58 +0100, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

brewery was great, and has sent father into a paddy because he couldn't come!

Good weekend though. Thanks to Graham and Emma for that hard work!

Interestingly, burrt threw a spaz as we left grahams, and then never missed a beat all the way home......

Just got to get out there in a bit and check the alternator etc....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Indeed and indeed... :-)

My pics:

Anyone who wants pics adding, please feel free to email them (m[at]101fc.net)

Reply to
Mother

You missed strange people prancing around in armour, too... :-)

Reply to
Mother

Are you sure that background is yellow enough! ;) I need sunglasses to read it! :p

Reply to
Tom Woods

Whos ambi is the very nice grey one? (RBD 721). Would they be willing to share how exactly they get their spare up onto the roof? Very nice looking truck too!

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:47:44 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

tis true. wonder if they heard the comments about english kernigguts.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:19:41 +0100, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

you're gonna need to replace it anyway to get it to mount securely, I reckon. Hunt a nice big one while yer at it - 80A or suchlike.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I was chatting to a couple of them and asked how often people blow their nose in their general direction, etc.

They said they were quite used to it - so I fetched them a shubbery...

Reply to
Mother

Eh? To replace the 85A one that's on there?

Reply to
Mother

I'm not worried about the mounting. I've got brackets round the edge of my roof already (bolted to the roof members) that i put there when i chequer plated it, so could make some sort of mounting bar.

Its just the method of lifting the wheel up there!. I carried my spare out of the back and down the garden the other day and i cant imagine getting it up onto an ambi roof!

I was considering an ally ladder (light and cheap), some sort of sledge, and a small hand winch but wondered if there was something easier.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:44:09 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

the plot thickens.....

Tested the alternator, getting readings from 13.9 to 14.4 ot the voltage output, so that seems ok.

At the split charge diode I have about 13.8.....

The charge light doesn't ever completely go out, it is on failry dim all the time, but does seem to become more dim the higher the revs.....

Looking at the alternator, I have found that the +ve wire was connected, the W is connected, but the third terminal is not connected, and the wire that ought to connect to it looks as though the terminal connector on the third wire has been snipped.... Any particular reason why this might be done? The 101 Book seems to reckon that not having the wire connected will put the light on dim.

Took the alternator off, bust my thumb open, and now the alternator is sat in the house. Will clean up the terminals as they all look rusty, and have stupidly high resistance and then refit it with all the wires connected and see what happens to the charge light tomorrow.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

At the risk of repeating what has probably already been mentioned....

Light glowing dim is a feature of the IR circuity that remains... or at least thats what I recall.

Are both batteries becomming flattened as one should only provide power to the starter if the diode pack works correctly..tuther battery does everything else least while the engine is not running anyway... though I could be wrong. Wonder if it's something silly following the relocation of the batteries.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D