Shakespeare Unofficial

Right, you're on my "hide an old kipper in his engine bay" list...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:36:29 +0100, Simon Isaacs scribbled the following nonsense:

well, just fitted it all back together with clean and shiny terminals. resistance on multimeter now reads 000, where before it was off scale or high 900's.

Fitted back to vehicle and run, with the third wire connected. The slight wobble has now ceased, light continued to glow dimly (ie just visible) for approx 2-3 mins and has now gone out altogether..... Output voltage holding steady at 14.4.....

bloody 101's......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Sandals?

Reply to
Mother

Harrumph, given that more edits have been made I think I'll just have to leave it for a while and sneakily change it all back once the fannying around has died down.. Grrr... Must rememer to keep my mouth shut!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

|| Took the alternator off, bust my thumb open,

Same thumb, or the other one?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

it left me with the one it arrived with....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:51:52 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

of course. If you know that dropping stuff on yer foot is gonna hurt, you're a damned sight more careful where you drop stuff.

besides, who was it made the most fuss about having to wear proper boots going round the brewery?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You didnt have your emergency fire extinguisher's (beverages) to hand though did you!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Come on - somebody must own up to this truck!

Having got a scrapper collected today, what i reckon i need is a hiab on the top of the truck...

Reply to
Tom Woods

Sorry, missed the first posting. It's a chap called Martin and the colour is the one used on the Lara Croft Defender jobbies. He really has made a superb job of it - inside and out. I was rather impressed and have nicked a few ideas off him :-)

Reply to
Mother

Ah, I was mishtaken, then. Thought it were you who had my spare one which had been sat at Warrens for a couple of years. Actually, thinking about it, it's probably in my shed...

Reply to
Mother

Have you got an email address for him? any chance you could email it onto me (assuming he wont mind), or mail him and ask him about the spare?

What good stuff has he done inside? you can never have too many ideas for doing your own - I've spent ages pouring over all the camper/101 conversion piccys i can find on the net.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yebut you were also wearing...

... socks!

And kin rotton it was too. In all honesty, I was far more likely to fall up/down the steps of Hook Norton whilst wearing them than the sandals.

Reply to
Mother

They did - and some spare "just in case" :-)

Reply to
Mother

Glad you all had a good weekend! It all seemed to go pretty smoothly. Father's 90 went for its mot on monday, apparently there was so much mud under it, the bloke took one look and passed it for fear of being covered! ...can see a plan coming on for next mot ;o)

For those interested, we raised a bit over £100 for cancer research UK, which I'll send off this week. Shame a few more didn't attend so that this was a bit larger donation.

Reply to
Graham G

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:22:29 +0100, "Richard Brookman" scribbled the following nonsense:

same, just got in from the garden, where I split it open yet again, still at least I got my garden sorted and brokered a deal with the old chap next door to look after his garden cos he never does and is away from april to october at a caravan at Hunstanton. Just got to clear the weeds, dig it over, and I will have quadrupled my growing space, as SWMBO is none to impressed with borders full of beans, peas, carrot and tates!!!! Good black land here so really good for superb veg!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:05:40 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

well, whichever it is, it seems to be working and the light is now not illuminated when the engine is running!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

He emailled Graham (Graham, are you here yet or still recovering?).

The panels on the sides and roof are all padded - superb idea. The roof panels are now just two panels. I'm certainly going to go this way for two reasons - firstly I keep getting my hair caught in the screwheads but more importantly, I keep banging my sodding head...

The panels are all attached with industrial velcro so can easily be removed (in my case a very good idea to get at and check the wiring).

I did wonder if the velcro would be strong enough, but having seen the way he threw it around the offroad course - it seemed just fine.

His wife (who was with him during this) is actually pregnant with twins (making three preborns at the event!).

Reply to
Mother

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:08:52 +0100, Tom Woods scribbled the following nonsense:

I was impressed with the cushioned roof panels. I'm a short arse and still whack my head. Last time I did I had stood up quite quickly. Needless to say, I sat back down quite quickly as well!!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs