Shropshire/Mid Wales Border - Lane Day Sat 8th April

I've been getting out an about in Morph (101 Ambi) recently and researching some lanes. There are no local ones in my County that can justify a good long day out but I've now been sent a route which I'm told is 101 Ambi friendly, not too challenging as is possible at a push to do solo. (Though clearly one would not entertain doing lanes solo)

I'm hoping some like minded denziens of AFL would like to partake too. Following the usual Off roading bodies rules of engadgement I'd like to have a group of no more than 4-5 vehicles for each group. If any one is interested please say I.

This is of course unofficial and purely a meet and a jolly. This may also provide a moment of hair letting down for those of us who can't :-( get to the unoffical which Graham is pulling together. This will be purely a one day hit.

Plan A is a 45 mile route of which around half is utilising greenlanes.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

When are you thinking of?

Put me down - but in the 2A not the ambi!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

All day really ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

April the 8th (see the subject line). I've put some more details here as I've also plugged the day with the Yahoo 101 group. Hopefully should save any repeat of the same old text.

:-D

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

haha. I didnt see it in the subject line as it was too long and the date bit at the end didnt fit in the column!

Reply to
Tom Woods

In message , Lee_D writes

I believe there are more green lanes in Shropshire than any other county. Been out there a couple of times with the LR club lads.

Reply to
hugh

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

May be best to abort this plan due to the implications od NERC until we see exactly what is / isn't going to be happening and the status of the lanes is confirmed :-(

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 20:09:20 -0000, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

The bill hasn't yet got royal assent, until then, you can still carry on as normal!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Si,

I'm trying to keep abreast of this lot, am I right in thinking that it is intened to be law (if getting royal assent) in April? Thats the only reason I'm considering aborting.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Got my eye on a nice truck cab 110 at the mo for laning. If it comes off I'll try my hand!

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

WANTED: Series Project but must be runner with MOT

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:31:53 -0000, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

still in the discussion stages in the House of Lords, then has to go back to the Commons and committee stages, so now unlikely to be implemented until May at the earliest.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

You tempted then Nige? so far it's Me and the family and Tom...

Any one else interested then shout up.. don't be shy now.

:-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Just to ping this one up again if any one else is interested as the date is getting nearer.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Do you reckon a Nissan would manage the route?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

If it's the company one 2x4 ... DEFINATELY ;-)

if not it may need a suspension lift.

Seriously if it's 4x4 though I've been told nothing to suggest otherwise. Not done this route myself before.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

4x4 and limited slip diff in the back. Might surprise a few people :)

Wouldn't mind giving it a test, as long as it doesn't get scratched....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Come on down then.... Morph should punch a big enough hole for you. I don't think the welsh do trees do they.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Tim Hobbs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Penny has just dropped, you got the Navarna then? Just been told it won't be hardcore a off road axle fest. More a scenic drive in the countryside, I do have a load of other routes out that way though which are more testing.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

...and Tim Hobbs spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Micra? Go for it!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

In message , Lee_D writes

If you can send me details of your route I'll check on my map see if I've done them before. There are loads of lanes that are straightforward and reasonably maintained. The locals have a regular green lane clearing day in conjunction with Shropshire county council.

Put me down as a reserve if there's a space - shiny vehicle with LPG tanks underneath.

Reply to
hugh