SIII Petrol - Oil Dipstick Markings

On my oil dipstick I have three markings 'H', 'L' (which would be simple enough on their own), but there is also an 'ML' a little way below 'L'. Can anyone indicate the meanings of these levels - for the benefit of those of us who go through oil at quite a pace.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

H = do not fill above this L = Do not operate off road or where it may be on an angle below this ML = never operate below this

JD

Reply to
JD

"Minimum Level", just before you hear the big ends knocking and the pump gasping for oil

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson