Simple question

Hi,

for them who know it just a simple question. I have a RRclassic , a Voque SE ( Special Edition i suppose ), but i see often newer RRs with DSE or HSE on it an my son asked me what it meant. I don't know so please help...

Reply to
J.Muller

Doesn't Start Easily Has Some Extras

Reply to
Steve

On or around Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:52:02 +0100, "Steve" enlightened us thusly:

bugger, beat me to it.

I think the D may be Diesel, and the H might be High-running-cost , i.e. a

4.6
Reply to
Austin Shackles

Dammed Suspect Engine and Highly Suspect Engine ?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Highly Super Expensive

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Highly Suspect Electronics

Martin

Reply to
Oily

As you suspect the SE was Special edition when you got goodies such as leccy seats leccy roof and if you were very flush leather, DSE for the diesel variant and HSE was tagged on when a longer wheelbase version was introduced, then they changed it a bit ( a lot really ) on the P38 ( possibly country sensitive btw ,I found the US specs)

quote->

As you might expect in a vehicle costing more than $100,000, equipment levels are quite extensive, even in the base SE model.

Standard occupant safety features across the range include dual front airbags, front side airbags, front and rear head airbags, anti-submarine front and rear seats, height adjustable head restraints and three point seat belts for all seating positions.

Vehicle control features include the permanent four-wheel drive, anti-lock brakes (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBD), emergency brake assist (EBA), 4-wheel electronic traction control (ETC), cornering brake control (CBC), dynamic stability control (DSC), hill descent control (HDC) and engine drag-torque control (EDC).

Comfort and convenience items include climate control airconditioning, electrically adjustable steering column and front seats, power windows and mirrors (mirrors also heated), remote central locking, a trip computer with speed alert and an auto dimming rear view interior mirror. There's an unusually large number of interior storage compartments, an abundance of interior lighting and two auxiliary power sockets.

The SE also has a six-speaker single CD stereo system, an immobiliser and an alarm, alloy wheels (five), front fog lamps and tinted glass.

The HSE models add a memory setting for the driver's seat, exterior mirrors and steering column; an 11-speaker stereo with multi CD changer and differently designed alloy wheels.

The top-spec Vogue gets a television and satellite navigation, a tilt and slide glass sunroof, 19 inch alloy wheels, rain sensing wipers, powerfold exterior mirrors, bi-Xenon headlamps with wiper/washers, park distance control, heated seats and steering wheel, and 'Oxford' leather seat trim.

If you are minted ( see also Beckham) the 'autobiography' when you can have whatever spec and extras you fancy at a price. Overfinch for turbonutter petrolheads ( curly perm optional ) with reworked suspension 5.7L engine and trim that fits. and a host of others

and the new shape bread delivery Rangie well they are all HSE except the limited editions.

Derek probably missed a load but am I bovvered?

Reply to
Derek

D> and the new shape bread delivery Rangie well they are all HSE except D> the limited editions.

New RR :

HSE - Entry Level Vogue - Mid-Range Vogue SE - Top of the Range

HSE stands for Hilary Special Edition

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:58:03 +0100, "Neil Brownlee" enlightened us thusly:

Hilarious, more like.

why Hilary?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Designers' missus?

Martin

Reply to
Oily

dammit the lwb was LSE loony special edition

Reply to
Derek

She slept around?

Reply to
Dougal

anti-submarine front and rear seats ?

Am I missing something here?

Reply to
GbH

yep last weeks episode of Mythbusters about airline crashes facinating you may survive a crash but when the seats in front 'submarine' i.e. collapse downward it will like as not break your leg and hey presto crispy passenger as you wont be clambering out of the wreckage before it all goes WOOOF- cracking programme done by blokes who do movie special effects for a living.

Derek

Reply to
Derek