slightly used D3

I was pointed to this 'ahem' slightly used disco on another group just a little optomistic at £12K

I like the description 'light roll' now theres a bloke to send out for thesandwiches .

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Jeepers. New panels all round, headlights and whatever else can't be seen. New airbags too. How much would that lot cost? I wouldn't touch it without a survey, by the time the repair bill is added to the 12k I bet there's something better available. Mind, there's money to be made there for someone prepared to do the work. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Aren't D3's monocoque rather than chassis and bolt on body?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They're neither one nor the other. Tis unnatural.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

D3/Series 3 hybrid anyone?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

In message , Derek writes

When he says "unrecorded" I think he means unrecorded in the UK !!!

Reply to
Marc Draper

It'll polish out. Mostly.

Reply to
Rich B

Yeah, bung the windows in and a set of lights, it's now got some real character....

ooo just occurred to me , no work tonight I can have a drink :-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

According to the ad's it looks remarkably like an Indian-market Pegeuot 305 ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

They are a monocoque bodyshell mounted on a separate chassis, one reason why they're so bloody heavy!! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:17:31 -0000, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

sounds like the thing I'm planning to build, but at least that will be a genuine 9-seater.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:57:02 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

which is back to plan A now - decided that modifying the transit bodyshell to take LR suspension, while the nicest answer from the engineering point of view, would lead to much hassle. Should avoid SVA by using a complete, unmodified chassis. This also means that any fixing stuff has to bolt, rather than weld, to the chassis, I think - welding different body mounts to it is rather like modifying the chassis.

I can of course (and may, yet) weld mounts to the BODY to line up with the LR body mount points on the chassis. This won't get the body rubber-mounted though, which I was hoping to do, by using the transit suspension points as body-chassis mounts.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

FFS, why don't you just buy a Pinzgauer?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I thought they were both?

Reply to
Natalie Drest

'cos he'd need half a tonne of soundproofing to stop the passengers' ears from bleeding! The pinz's portal boxes have straight-cut gears and they do make a racket.

Second gen ones are a lot better, but you're looking at over £20K for a tired one.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Wed, 7 Mar 2007 07:09:58 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

that's part of it. also, it'd cost more to get a decent one and then convert it to bus spec.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Mind you, it does ride a lot better than the Defender, I drove the landy yesterday for the first time in a few weeks and what with the swaying, lurching, bumping, thumping and ragtop flapping, by comparison the pinz feels more civilised! As long as you ignore the screaming gears ;-)

I wouldn't recommend a gen 1 pinz as a practical Defender replacement though, you have to want one, badly.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings