Slippin gauto trans on 2002 Disco

I have a 2002 disco with 70k miles and my trans torck convertor seems to be going. When in fourth and accelerating, I don;'t get a rev up as I would expect. any suggestion. It shifts funny! I just had my trans oil replaced 5k ago to synthetics. Any suggestions. I also checkd my system coltage. Read somewhere that a low battery could make solenoids not operate properly and that making the trans be strange. Thanks

Reply to
ralleboy

The TC gets locked out in 4th gear on this model transmission. But I'm not sure at what speed as it depends on the application.

Low system volts on an electronically controlled ZF makes it go into limp home mode and not change gear at all. It stays in 3rd gear when you select drive. You can still select reverse etc though.

I'd get the codes read - it should pinpoint the problem.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)