snake oil?

I've just been on ebay buying a bioflow magnetic collar for my dog, he's getting arthritis problems and I use a bioflow for mine and it noticably helps. Anyway the seller also has these for the fuel line

first reaction is, if it does inprove fuel economy then how longwill it take to save me £40.my second reaction is... snake oil?

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

On or around Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:03:19 +0100, MVP enlightened us thusly:

I can't see how magnets affect petrol, or diesel, come to that.

Something this morning mother (not Martyn) was reading about some marvellous new magneting thing, wherein the "negative pole" had been "enhanced".

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I wonder if the cumlative costs of all these little performance and economy ideas could pay for something real, like a supercharger? that'll see a performance increase alright and also improve economy as long as you play-nicely.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

I fitted a similar item to a directors jag at another place I worked the instructions said fit the Item to the fuel line and monitor the fuel consumption for 3 months if no noticeable results are achieved reverse the item and remonitor for 3 months if no noticeable results are achieved alter the position moving it closer to/away from the fuel pump and remonitor for 3 months if no noticeable results are achieved reverse the item and remonitor for 3 months if no noticeable results are achieved alter the position moving it closer to/away from the fuel pump and remonitor for

3 months

so basically you keep moving it every 3 months till you either get results/ sell the car or get fed up and bin it

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Well, it gets the swarf out of it I suppose...

There are large fleets of ships, aircraft, lorries, cars and trains operated by commercial outfits who measure every last drop of fuel as it is the difference between profit and loss. If you want to spend £40 on one of these miracle products ask for three case studies in large scale commercial applications, including the name of the person you can contact for an opinion.

I suspect you'll suddenly have a very bad line...

I'm also interested to understand why someone with appropriate qualifications to design and test products for veterinary pain relief is also qualified to do the same for humans. I can see the link there I suppose, but for that same person to also be a qualified chemical or mechanical engineer is astounding. I'm tempted to think it's someone who has a cheap source of magnets....

Did anyone see The Apprentice this week? They did a shopping channel hour - everyone derided a sheet of foam masquerading as an orthopaedic bed enhancer for £150. The foam sold out in minutes....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Bioflow magnetic arthritis thingies do work, I use one and I know many others who swear by them on themselves and horses. However I think the company is simply trying to find new markets for their magnets such as that fuel thing (that ebay seller is simply an agent for the company) which I suspect is bow-locks. They also have a magnetised sheet thing for horse saddles and car seatbacks, in my experience there is notably less effect from my bioflow if I don't wear it nearly all the time so that car seatback is possibly also bow-locks.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

do the instructions keep telling you to move it around until, in effect, the warranty expires and they'll not refund you? heheheh clever that, I'll try it with my photos I think..

"buy a set of three photos or naked folk from me and put them on your bedroom wall, it will enhance your sex-life 500% and give you both incredible orgasms. if the original location you hang the photos doesnt have this effect after three months try them on a different wall or hung in a different order and try again for another three months".

I am a fecking marketing genius.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Mark wrote

What works for my arthritis is being stung by Stinging Nettles, anywhere on my person. Whilst I don't go out of my way to get stung it always happens down on the allotments with them being so overgrown (No, not my plots!). Yes, it hurts a bit but not as much as the illness and you get used to it, in fact, welcome it for the couple of weeks of pain relief. Read somewhere it's to do with the immune system.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Bioflow fuel magnets have been around for years. I put one on a motorcycle and got a 5% imrovement in fuel economy. I put one on a Citroen BX Diesel that had failed the MOT on emissions, and the next day it passed, at the same test station. Fuel econmy also improved. Of course, I cant prove it was the magnet, but I didn't do anything else to the vehicles.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

is it worth £40 to you though? I'm all-for anything that actually works, but as well as working it's got to pay for itself in reasonable timeframe either in money or grins.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Well, £40 is half a tank of Diesel in the Disco (200 miles), or 2 tanks of petrol (400 miles) in the bike. So it wouldn't take that long to get the £40 back at a 5% saving. I dont have a magnet on either of them ATM.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

Oddly, it's lawful for a vet to give medical treatment to a human, but not for a Doctor to give similar treatment to an animal. My source told me that, as a vet, she had been trained to be very aware of how reactions to treatment could vary; Doctors were only ever taught about oe species.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Wait isn't that how feng shui works except you pay someone to rearrange your furniture

this director was given this magnet thing or so he said probably just wouldn't admit to buying it I was tempted to fasten it to a water or brake pipe instead just to see if it gave any improvement but everyone wanted to see it fitted I never got to know the results as I left not long after

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

I can vouch for the mystical effects of magnets WRT arthritis - aint gonna make my hip any better, though...

Indeed, what are you going to do with all them mattresses?

Reply to
Mother

The Bioflow marketing strategy is 'Multi Level'.

I always try to keep well clear of any MLM product - which can sometimes be a shame as the product itself may very well be quite good in some cases.

Reply to
Mother

I care not for a companies or products marketing strategy, I like cold hard facts, mainly, does it make a positive difference? is it's cost reasonable? I use a bioflow thing on my wrist and my answer to both is definatly yes. Hoping the one I just ordered for my dog will help also. if it doesn't I may tie it to my fuel line (the magnetic thingy, not the dog) heheheh

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Mine are remarkably consistent. Stick something in an orifice and they bite you....

When I first took my big dog to the vet we got a newly qualified young woman who expressed great surprise that she got snapped at. I asked her how _she_ would react if I put a chain round her neck and stuck a thermometer up her arse.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Well? How did she react? Gwan, you can tell us. Some people I know could well go for that sort of thing. Apparantly.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

You, Hobbs and Davies competing to go in a Mark Varley photoshoot huh?

Reply to
Mother

Not the same vet I use for Max by some strange coincidence? - the slim, attractive and very friendly women there always makes a fuss of him - to the extent that last time he got, erm, rather 'excited'...

I was tempted to mention that I'd be the same if she tickled my tummy like that, but thought best no to...

Reply to
Mother