somewhat OT: a really really fast 4x4

Just got in from a fab day at Brands Hatch (BTCC)

as part of my VIP trip I got a fast lap round the circuit in the safety car

A W E S O M E

An Audi RS6 estate 4x4 - the BTCC was lapping in 49 seconds, we went round in the safety car in 58

suddenly the green oval doesn't seem quite so good ;-)

mind you, the rescue vehicle was a rangie

Mind you, I think meeting Matt Neal (pole positioner for race 1 and race winner) will get me into far more trouble with SWMBO than anything I have ever done (draw your own conclusions)

Si

Reply to
Si K

Quality. Saw BTCC on MotorsTV.

What did you make of matt's attempt to overtake Jason after the restart on the last lap? It looked a tad aggressive on the telly!

How'd you blag a VIP pass then? We (being Fujifilm where i work) sponsor mr neal for something or other, and i have tried my hardest to get a meet and greet pass to no avail.

Reply to
mark solesbury

It's OK, your wedding ring is showing! What's she doing with her left hand? Measuring the circumference?

Rich

Reply to
Richard Brookman

You love Matt Neal??

Incredible!

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner

According to Jason Plato, the safety car was going way too slow and caused his tyres to cool off!

Pete

Reply to
Pete Young

The restart in the final race was just a "balls to the wall" exercise. Matt said in the session with us that basically he is just up for anything. If it means a DNF then so be it.

Got my VIP pass by being an ex-employee of the Independent Cup sponsors (HarrierZeuros for those that care) and asking really really nicely ;-)

Si

Reply to
Si K

well, its not often they come across Z+4 wedding rings

Si

Reply to
Si K

If I knew what one was, I'd agree.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

well Z is the largest in typical ring sizing and mine is a Z+4 - also known as a 22mm olive for plumbing, or a napkin ring if the outlaws are round ;-)

Si

Reply to
Simon K

Simon> well Z is the largest in typical ring sizing and mine is a Simon> Z+4 - also known as a 22mm olive for plumbing, or a napkin Simon> ring if the outlaws are round ;-)

Isn't that what normally goes through a bull's nose?

Andy, who gets comments from SWMBO about huge paws, and is only a Y.

--

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Andy Cunningham | Check out
| +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |

That's not that big really. I'm a Z+2. My wife is an L. Her ring will rattle around inside mine quite happily.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

I reckon she'd have the better left hook though...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

You've met her.

'nuff said.