Sow Chains - cont'd

Just to recap I have a Defender 90 50th Anniversary which came with 265x75 tyres as standard. In the handbook it specifically states that snow chains should not be used as they may damage the vehicle.

Fair enough.

But then I picked up a 2007 New Defender Accessories brochure and snow chains listed under 2 separate part numbers, one for tyres up to 235x85 and done for tyres 265x75.

I naively assumed that these chains could be used on a post 2007 Defender fitted with 265x75 tyres and I hoped that it might be retrospective and I could use them on mine.

So I phoned LR Customer Services, explained my thinking and a couple of day later they came back to me. Now the lad on the other end of the phone was doing his best but he did seem a bit bemused by the answer he had been given by the technical people.

But I understood LR to say (AIMBM) that although this is listed as an approved accessory it is not recommended for use on any Defenders fitted with 265x75 tyres as it may damage the vehicle.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Reply to
hugh

Lets face it, if you need to use them... its likely you "may" danage the car if you don't IYSWIM.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

In message , Lee_D writes

You are more right than you probably realise - I get it back next Friday :-(

Reply to
hugh

Cruelty to pigs......

Reply to
Nige

That was a long time in coming!

Reply to
Dougal

Been out on a 24hour bender :)

Reply to
Nige

Ouch!

Hope no one was hurt. As anoying as the damage may be it can be fixed.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Bit of a pig's ear?

Reply to
GbH

In message , Lee_D writes

Just a minor nudge into the back of a Honda Accord - 59 plate, her brand new company car. You would have thought that anyone with their wits about them seeing a Land rover sliding into them would get out of the way, but no!! Slightly bent front bumper (it was rusty anyway) and front lamp guard just pushed back into front wing. Simple enough, but it is purlescent (?) paint, and there is a roll cage to remove.

Reply to
hugh

anyone we know - oops

-- WNT