Spark Plugs

Where's the FAQ?

I've been researching spark plugs for the 1998 Discovery. I just got Magnicore wires to replace the crappy Bosch wires that keep coming loose. I have Bosch platnium +2 now and I'm not impressed. The dealership said they didn't liks any Bosch plugs and that the good old copper core Champion RN11YC4 plugs are the best. The champion truck plugs sound good to.

Just point me to the FAQ if I'm asking this the 3000 time in this group.

Reply to
R. Furbee

You can search the archive at google groups

its a topic that comes up infrequently somebody will be along in a shortwhile to give you a pointer. It's been too long since I had the V8 to venture a suggestion.Derek Disco 300TDi Miles Disco 200TDi Kato

Reply to
Derek

While we're on the subject of spark plugs, has anyone got, or know where I can get four new Landrover FFR type plugs, the ones that fit the braided leads with screw on ends. I want them for an Austin Champ but I don't know if they're the same grade or heat range.

TIA Martin

Reply to
Oily

Don't know how authoritative this is but there's some numbers for the LR

Dougal

NGK BPR6ES are the best plugs for a 3.5 or 3.9 standard compression engine. Go to a BPR5ES for a low (8.13:1) engine. Champion equivalents are RN9YCC and RN11YCC respectively. Badger.

Reply to
Badger