Speedo cable for RRC 3.9V8 PRC7949 - is it available?

Having learnt that speedos are now tested as part of the MOT test and being a bit bored with my lashed up TomTom solution I've finally bothered to track down the cause of the dead speedo on my 1990 RRC 3.9 V8.

The drive cable from gearbox to speed transducer has broken. My spares book tells me that I need PRC7949

Does anyone know if it is still available or if I am looking at a depressing search of breakers yards?

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

It seems that I can buy the cable from=20

who stock four different makes of this part.

Cheapest is made by Britpart at =A33.57, then Allmakes, then Bearmach at = =A36.73 and finally the genuine item at =A323.56. =20 Which to choose? Interestingly, on the Britpart site the price is =A313.7=

5

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

In message , Richard Savage writes

Which tells you all you need to know about Britpart.

Reply to
hugh

Indeed. Bloke at LRDirect was very helpful and directed me towards the Allmakes item.

Richard Savage