Speedo dead - RRC Classic Auto

Electronic speedo has died. It was fine on the way into work but dead when I left this evening. Thank goodness I had the Zumo with me.

Any hints as to how I check the gadget wot converts the cable rotation into a signal to drive the speedo? Or is there something more obvious to check.

I also have a strange feeling that the torque converter is now not locking-up. The lock-up isn't controlled externally, is it?

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

Speedo that critical? You must be in town.

How old is this old girl?

'Tis more likely to be the cable or one of the cable drive components.

If this is occurring it's an unrelated problem. Lockup is controlled 'within' the gearbox. I suspect that you've 'lost your bearings' now that you're speedo-less.

Reply to
Dougal

For quite a lot of time, yes

G plate 20 years!! And it knows that I'm trying to decide on a suitable replacement. D III TDV6 perhaps?

Ta

Yep, you're right. You see one fault and imagine others. I think it's working OK.

Reply to
Richard Savage