speedometer calibration

I know this has been discussed here before but can't find the postings. I've replaced the complete drivetrain of my 2.25L petrol Series III

109 Stationwagon with one from an early Defender(2.5L petrol-LT77-LT230-1:3.35 axles) but now the speedometer is underreading by about a third. Was there a solution for it or is it easier to buy the clockwork of a Defender and try to install it in a Series speedometer, as long as the sweep is the same in both ?
Reply to
Hertriono Kartowisastro