squeeeek!

I've noticed a squeeking noise coming from the netherregions of my 90 - It only happens when the driving up hills or accelarating (term used loosely!). It's related to road speed, not engine speed, and happens in streight lines and round corner alike. Going over bumbs does not make a difference so I guess it's unlikely to be a suspension fault.

What could it be?

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul Coleman

The Hamsters are rebelling.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Is it disc or drum braked? If disc, could be the old collapsing wheel bearing trick!! Pete.

Reply to
Pete Turier

It's disks at the front, drums at the rear - and it sounds like it's coming from the front!

Whats the old collapsing wheel bearing trick and how do I fix it?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Coleman

Have a check there is not a stone caught between the metal plate that protects the disk on the front brake. I often get a small one stuck (you need a screwdriver, flat against the disk to get it out) and it makes one hell of a noise (irregularly too).

You could also have a quick check of the UJs, (had some nasty squeaks because of those) try to wobble the spider part, not the propshaft (to see if there is any play)

I also had another bad one once (although it was direction-related - left hand corners) The split pin broke on one of the brake pad securing pins (usually covered by anti rattle springs). It didnt fall out, but the head was rubbing against the inside of the wheel rim!

Got to be one of those three! Interested to hear what it turns out to be though.

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux