Starter Motor Woes

My starter motor has given up the ghost, it's taking shedloads of current but only turning at about 1rpm. The pinions definitely not stuck so I'm guessing a brush or winding failure. Has anyone got a spare starter motor for a 2.25 Petrol in the Luton area that I could purchase? I'm desperate for transport and doubt I'll be able to get one before Monday at the earliest.

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

I've just solved a similar situation with mine. My problems turned out to be bad earth connections..

I do have a brand new starter motor for sale if required, but would have to post it to you. Check the google tread:

Martin

1980 S3 109 Petrol
Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

Thanks for the offer. I've now sourced a decent recon one for a very reasonable sum (hopefully it arrives tomorrow). The old one's field winding had burnt out.

Reply to
Phil Gardiner